Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lest us not forget Spain

Some readers were disappointed in my choice of loving Italians. Yes, they are momma's boys who never leave the house. And yes once they do leave the house they will probably commit adultery numerous times while you iron their jerseys and roll up the gnocchi. And yes they do have a tendency to cry and roll around on the ground when someone taps their shin guard. But, alas, I have loved all things Italian since I went there at the impressionable age of 19.

However! I would feel remiss if I did not point out that, just like in Euro soccer, Spain has been looking increasingly like a winner these days. And by winner I mean hot. So forgive me Italy for my love of this and this, You will always be my spicy meatball, but for now I'm going to have to take a little tapas on the side.

No comments: