Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Update on a snowy day.

We're not in Miami anymore!

It's amazing how quickly one can forget the concept of "winter." I've always trended a little toward having SAD when it gets dark and dreary in January (probably the cause of my aforementioned funk). So over the years I had developed some tricks and tools to get me to April. Mostly they involved whisky, dark bars, and Radiohead so I'll need to come up with some new, family-friendly tricks for the future.

Flash forward to after two years in balmy Miami and I completely forgot what winter was like.

Much like Alabama seems to be perpetually surprised by snow (What! Snow?! It accumulates on roads fast!?) I have no tools in my SAD prevention toolbox anymore.

And let me just take a moment to say, man, I really miss Miami's weather right now. Not just the temps, but the delightful sunshine.

While I wait for JTS to be able to leave work (when no one knows how to drive in snow + they neglect to salt the roads + there are only like 2 plows in the county = he may never get home) I'm going to make a little winter dance party mix. A dance party for one chair dancing baby and one adult.

Stuck inside with no whiskey.

But with hot chocolate and marshmallows!

It totally has the same effect right?


1 comment:

Katherine said...

It is totally the same. Whiskey/hot chocolate. Yup.