Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday Monday!


Although my weekdays and weekends blur together now in a sea of bed, tv shows on my computer, and Eggos there was a time when I had to put on my power suit and go to work. Mondays, I recall, were not the best days. So in honor of other people putting on their power suit and going to work I'm starting Monday, Monday. Where I list all the things I'm either grateful for, pumped about, or really enjoying at the moment. So pour some extra syrup on your Eggos in honor of a new week.

1/21/12

1) Going to Key West this weekend.
Although car rides are not my absolute favorite right now, I will pull through the 3-4 hours it will take to get to Key West. Once there I hope my body cooperates enough for me to enjoy a little walking around and best case scenario - a dinner out. I've always wanted to go- so here is hoping.

2) Calming bath tub rituals
For the last couple of weeks when I have a really bad day and my body hurts and sometimes I've thrown up and, I'll admit, I've done a little bit of self-pity crying- my husband makes me a wonderful bath. It's hot and full of fluffy lavender bubbles. He lights some candles including my favorite pine scented one and puts on some calming meditation music. It is so the best part of my life right now.

3) Speaking of calming music I freaking love Native American Flutes.
I'm very much not kidding. I find it to be a most beautiful sound that reminds me of my two trips out west. I can't wait to go back to Sante Fe some day.

4) My Nest Grapefruit candle. Given to me by a lovely friend. The smell really perks up a sad, sick room.

5) Not having to go to work.
Speaking of work I'm super grateful that I don't have to go right now. Even though my financial situation would be much more comfortable as a dual income - I'm happy that all I have to worry about right now is getting through my day sane and as comfortable as possible.

P.S. The lyrics to Monday, Monday just don't make no sense. But you can ignore that and watch Mama Cass's sweet dance shuffle.

No comments: