Saturday, January 19, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

One of my favorite bloggers CJane wrote 36 things she wanted to accomplish the year she was turning 36. I think this is a brilliant idea and I encourage everyone to do it!

But

I'm going to be a little less ambitious. 2013 will be a year of lots of change so I'm going to try to hit a mark way lower than 33.

Most of these guys will have to wait until I can stand up and walk around for longer than 3 hours at a time but I'm excited to have some nonetheless. And some will probably be a good lifetime goal.

1) Start up blog again
2) Learn calligraphy
3) Be more creative (probably should have some sub bullet points on this)
4) Learn needlepoint
5) Eat more nachos and sushi
6) Take a cue from husband and be a more communicative/better friend. (also need sub bullets)
7) Be open to change and imperfection
8) Watch and read the news, facebook, and twitter WAY less. Other people can save the world through retweets for awhile.
9) Get through my impending surgeries with aplomb
10) Start meditating (hey at least for 5 minutes a day)
11) Revamp the wardrobe or at least care about what I'm wearing/brush my hair (I know, I've heard this is a difficult task for the new mother but after months mostly wearing pajamas I really want to try)
12) Yoga and running!
13) Speaking of running I want to run the Disney Princess Half-Marathon in 2014
14) Point my business in a more permanent direction.
15) Throw some parties. Even just for me. I love throwing parties and I don't do it nearly enough.

2013 welcome!


No comments: