Tuesday, April 9, 2013

C-Section Mix

So, if you are already having the most unnatural birth available it makes perfect sense that you should be as controlling of your surgical suite environment as possible.

My doctor is really into the music you will play during the c-section. He is into personalizing your birth experience which I really appreciate. He has told us some amazing birth stories from a Native American birth he attended where everyone sang a song to another birth where he forced the newborn into a University of Miami baby tie before the cord was even cut. My doctor is a crazy guy, that's for sure. He likes symmetry and numbers and he told us he once held a baby in until the clock hit 5:55 on Cinco De Mayo.

That shan't be happening in my surgical suite.

But I had a lot of fun making my mix- figuring out where all these random songs would go in order to make things flow well and stay up-beat yet not freak me out.

I asked all grandparents to contribute a song, my brother put one in, and the rest are songs that are memorable for me and JTS or I just like them. Thennnnnn a Pitbull song because my doc insists and, of course, she is being born in Miami.


Piano Concerto #21                               Mozart (my step-dad)
Embryonic Journey                              Jefferson Airplane
Corrina, Corrina                                    Bob Dylan (my dad)
This Will Be Our Year                           The Zombies (our wedding recessional)
Isn't She Lovely                                      Stevie Wonder  (JTS's mom)
Father and Daughter                               Paul Simon (I might be the only one who likes this song but I really like it)
Honeysuckle Rose                                 Django Reinhardt
Poinciana                                                Ahmad Jamal
Be Young, Be Foolish, Be Happy      The Tams
Tighten Up, Pt. 1 (LP Version)            Archie Bell & The Drells
Love Shack                                             The B-52's (JTS's dad)
I Believe                                                  R.E.M. (my brother)
Flute Loop                                                Beastie Boys
Wear Your Love Like Heaven               Donovan
Blue Sky                                                   Allman Brothers
Ventura Highway                                     America
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) Sly & The Family Stone (my step-mom)
P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)                  Michael Jackson
Impossible Germany                                Wilco
Give Me Everything (feat. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer) Pitbull
Welcome                                                    Frankie Goes To Hollywood

No comments: